Monday, September 17, 2007

Portfolio-schmolio.

Since my triumphant return to Canada, I've struggled with the redesign of my portfolio. Since my last one has somehow destroyed itself (to my unhappy surprise). I am forced to reinvent. Let this be a lesson to us all, never keep all your samples in one place... (dumb dumb dumb.)

Ever wanting the eye-catching unique portfolio, I have really been struggling to come up with a presentation I am happy with. I always say that,"We ourselves are the most difficult client". With interviews looming, I feel frantic to come up with something that I truly love and will be uber proud to show anyone and everyone.
(Although I am sure hobos really wouldn't care to see my portfolio.)

When researching the recipe to a solid portfolio, one comes across so much advice - that often contradicts itself. Therefore resulting in my conclusion of; there is no recipe, there is no answer, there is just my interpretation of my design/illustration career, and how I want to reveal the tale. Obviously there is the good'ol rules of "consistency" "organization" "cleanliness" ra ra ra. Those are a given as soon as you walk out the door of your university, college or equivalent.

So. Portfolio, portschmolio... when will I be happy...?

M.
On a side note.. I am deathly craving some sort of lasagna at 3:19am...

No comments: