Thursday, August 9, 2007

Introducing...


Hiya.
I'm Michelle. A graphic designer, turned illustrator. It happened by accident really, one day I graduated University with a degree in design, the next I became a children's book illustrator. Now I do both. I like to play on both teams.

I just moved to Canada from New Zealand. I miss New Zealand. They talk funny, are lovely people, and have volcanoes all over the place. Oh and they like tea.

I have been in the design/illustration biz for about 6 years now. I cannot show majority of my portfolio online (due to copyright laws), so many of the works you will see here will be my newer stuff. I am available for freelance work, so feel free to contact me. Some of my clients have included, Walmart, Costco, Target, QVC the Home Shopping Network and more.

I have dabbled in many different areas of my profession, doing branding, children's book illustrations, some web (which I prefer not to do any longer), as well as fort building. I take pride in learning new skills, this year's was sewing, before that was silver smithing. I am very eager to learn new things.

I also have a company called, Miss Dishy. This is a crafty kind of place, with handmade jewellery, magnets and other fun stuff. Check it out in my links.

Anywhoodle. That is me in a nutshell. Stay tuned for my new work. I have 8 children's books in progress and am very excited about them.

I also have two websites coming soon, but it's a mish (mission in Kiwi talk) and I'm trying to suss it out.

Cheers. M
michelle.l.mcbride@gmail.com

3 comments:

crystal driedger said...

best wishes michelle

Mike Boldt said...

Hah, you can't hide your ideas from me!

How many blogs you got going these days?

All this stuff looks great. Maybe we will have to get that pirate plushie for Eli. Are you guys always going to be at the farmers market or is that a one time thing?

Miss A. Goblin said...

you have a blog now!

neat.

- amanda woodward