Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Children's Books: JUST HOW DOES A CHICKEN CROSS THE ROAD


It's a story of intrigue, mystery and has pirates with a rampaging herd of doughnuts. Of course it's a good time!
Here's my first draft of my character. Unfortunately, I'm really unhappy with the vector... I hate to say it, but I am reverting towards a more hand made style.. and I am thinking of sewing my characters and scenes. Could possibly take me a long time, but in the end, I think I might like it a lot more.

Anywhoodle.
Here's my first character design.
Michellie.

3 comments:

Mike Boldt said...

I totally remember this idea! Well done. In truth I would have to say that, after you mentioned it, I totally want to see this book in the "sewn" photographed style book. Or maybe you could do some kind of Lane Smith/Jon Scieszka like cross/mix.

I do like the style of the illustration thought. The boots are cool, and nothing beats a vest with grandpa textures.

Unknown said...

YOur animals are so cute!

crystal driedger said...

True, true mike. Would you do a flattened sewing look, like it's a quilt or like your plushies?...

By the way! Soooooo cute!